I'm always looking for stuff to do with my lemons. Since I've become such a pinterest whore, I've come up with a lot more ideas... I'm really turned on by homemade cleansers, so I HAVE to try this citrus enzyme cleamser, even though it takes three months to ferment.
first I juiced the lemons, and, well, I already have a pitcher of fresh lemonade in the fridge, and I need to go buy a bag of sugar before I can make more- ooh I just had a brainstorm, I need to try to make lemonade with agave... hmmm. **internet search**
anyway - I froze the lemonjuice for a later use.
then I took the peels that had little bits of meat left and I cut them into quarters, I put them into a canister and added water, about a gallon I think, and I used 10 lemons. added a cup of brown sugar and I shake it everyday. Oh and you're supposed to leave the lid loose to release gasses. I read on One Good Thing by Jillee that you can speed it up by adding yeast, but since I don't have any, I guess I'll have to just put it away and have patience. If I think about it when Im at the store, I'll pick some up, it can't hurt to add it later and I imagine it gains strength as it gets older, yeast or no! I'll update when it comes time to use this little dream boat.
I'm hoping that it will be super good at smell removal, since I have a dog that tends to leak pee sometimes (she can't help it) and enzyme stuff is supposed to be good at that. and good at hard water stains too? either way all it will have cost me is some patience and a cup of brown sugar!
will report...



No comments:
Post a Comment