Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Let's Talk About The WEDDING...


So let’s talk a little about Ashley’s wedding, shall we? Well it was PRETTY incredible, the entire experience! At first I was really anxious, because who are we kidding? I got married in Vegas, both times! No “wedding” no reception. I can throw a kids party, no problem, but entertaining adults, I felt a little self conscience! But I really dived in and once I did, it wasn’t so bad! Early on, we had a planning meeting with Adele (Gabe’s mom) right before she was leaving for Italy for 2 weeks, it was SO good we had that meeting, because those 2 weeks were really when we set the foundation for the wedding, and if we had waited, I might’ve gone nuts!


So early in January, there was a bridal fair in Phoenix, that was so much! The only thing we really got from that was our DJ and a place to rent the chair covers from, but we looked at a lot of cool things that sort of helped us to mold our ideas and what we wanted and didn’t want. Plus it was just a super fun day, it was Ashley, Katlyn, Tricia (Katlyn’s BFF) and I. Good stuff.





One person I probably never could have gotten through the wedding without is our friend Andraya Dietrich. She does our hair and is our go-to photographer. But let’s see, she helped with the announcements, she had all the table linens IN ALL THE RIGHT COLORS just available for us to borrow – like, really? What would I have done without her?? On the wedding day, she came over at 7am to start doing our hair and stayed with us ALL day long to take pictures, I last saw her at 10:30pm. And in the afternoon in between the luncheon and reception she ran off to Costco and had a large print of the happy couple that was taken right after the sealing made. Navie was a great helper throughout all the wedding planning, good for bouncing ideas off of and helping me think of things I would need that I maybe wasn’t thinking about.









We had a really fabulous, ifIdosaysomyself, bridal shower... we all thought it was a great success anyway!


No comments:

Post a Comment