And then yesterday was Katlyn's 14th (what? how the HECK did THAT happen????) and some of the shoes and clothes she got...
And then some of the ways they amused themselves while I was in the hospital... puzzles, dressing up the dog - you know, the usual.... (thanks Auntie M for the puzzle, the christmas one is almost done now too!)
But let me reflect a bit...
10 years ago I had just moved to Arizona, and Katlyn was having her birthday, we got her a Pooh bear memory game, and got a little pooh bear cake and put some balloons all around my tiny apartment. It was very fun. And I've spent every birthday with her since. So how did my tiny little baby Katlyn become this young woman, this smart, caring, thoughtful, spiritual, lovely young lady? I am not sure... did I blink? did I miss something? But if you ask me about that little four year old, I could swear she is just in the next room, but instead is this lovely, long legged, beautiful 14 year old sweetheart and I just feel blessed to have been able to be apart of who she is today. As much as it hurts my heart a little to know that the four year old is gone and she'll never be back, I am ever happier to have this lovely fourteen year old creature in my life, and know that we'll have lots more birthdays together. I am so grateful for each that we have shared and look forward to all the ones we have in the future. I love you Katlyn - Happy Birthday my sweet daughter!
Happy birthday Katlyn, what good memories. I love memories. I am glad that you are doing better after this surgery then the last one. we just got Herb's mom home from the hospital tonight, She has been in since Monday and it has been crazy for sure, but what can you do. Anyway I hope I get to come and see you soon, for now I am nursemaid to the mom and I am feeling really blessed to be able to be there. So Have a wonderful week, you are in my prayers, and I will see you soon.
ReplyDelete