Sunday, September 14, 2008

A LUNCH DATE??

so KATLYN has requested a lunch date with "biomom" and J
she wants to talk about stuff.
she says, she just needs to like put a real like person to the name and figure out in her head how to feel about the relationship or lack thereof adn how she feels about THAT.
Also wants to discuss the anxiety/depression issues that 'biomom', J and Ash have all experienced, as well as myself, and that Katlyn is starting to notice.
She's very logical in the way she thinks of things, so I figure she is trying to deduce if these are normal teenage hormonal swings or if possibly the family legacy has included her.
I've always been very open with the girls about anxiety/depression issues, mental illness and chemical imbalances and so it's not something to be, oh, hmmm, embarresed or ashamed of? I've always equated it to something like baking, all the chemicals have to be right and in the right amount for the cake to do what it's supposed to do. And then as they got older, and I got sick, mental issues are no different from the illnesses that I have - just part of your physical makeup, you take care of it and you move on. And thusly they've (ash and kate anyway - I can't speak for J cause I wasn't there during her purberty) always been very open about how they are feeling when they are feeling other than normal and so... I think that's great!
So this lunch date, I'm a little nervous about it, as I am sure 'biomother' is as well. Katlyn seemed relieved that she agreed to it and I imagine that, knowing Katlyn, it will just be her assessing the situation for the most part, eating and trying to figure out just the right way to speak to this woman who has a biological connection to her and try to figure out how she feels about it.
I'm glad she's made this suggestion, I'm glad she wants to - yes it's a little scary. But I am just grateful that she does not squash her feelings down like Ash, who is not willing to even discuss her feelings about anything deeply felt...I'm working on it...
anyway - lunch is next Saturday, I will give full report at that time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment